Bamblu's colorful cutlery includes compostable Ingeo™ PLA or CPLA bio-plastic flatware. They are a perfect replacement for plastic silverware and are 100% renewable.
Our colorful knives, forks and spoons are approximately six inches long. Their colors are non-toxic, compliant with U.S. food safety guidelines, and come in eight pearlescent colors: natural white, charcoal black, pastel blue, bright pink, spring green, lemon yellow, crimson red, and citrus orange. Their smooth surface and shape feel comfortable in your hand. A fun choice for picnics, festive for parties, and safe for your child's bag lunch, these disposable utensils may be hand-washed in warm soapy water and re-used, or composted in a commercial composting facility.
PLA is made from a corn-based derivative called PLA corn resin. It is not corn starch. Poly(lactic acid) (PLA) is the first commodity polymer produced from annually renewable resources and is a rigid thermoplastic polymer. PLA resin uses two-thirds less energy to produce than plastic utensils according to an independent analysis commissioned by NatureWorks®, and generates two-thirds less greenhouse gases. Learn more...
- Contain no chemicals or toxins.
- Heat tolerance of 110 Fahrenheit.
- Made of polylactic acid (PLA) resin using Ingeo™ biopolymer, made from plant sugars, not starch, not oil, not plastic.
- 100% annually renewable plant resources, corn grown in U.S.A.
- SGS certified compostable and compliant with U.S. food safety guidelines.
- Biodegrades within 3 to 6 months in a commercial composting facility, actually providing nutrition to the earth.
- "Compostable" word embedded on reverse of handle.
- Compostable retail packaging available.
CPLA is also made from the same corn-based derivative called PLA corn resin. It is not corn starch. Poly(lactic acid) (PLA). The "C" stands for crystalized. In order to make PLA heat resistant, it must go through this crystalization process. Made by the same manufacturer, all of the above applies, except
- CPLA cutlery has a heat tolerance of 185 Fahrenheit
All of Bamblu's colorful non-plastic cutlery is made in Taiwan.
Product Availability ~
- Inventory is warehoused in Santa Rosa, California.
- Order by phone or through this site. Many orders may be picked up at our pickup counter in Sebastopol, CA.
- Orders usually ship next business day.